11. When writing a sex scene, do you have a lot of lovey-dovey stuff and foreplay or do your characters just get it on like a couple of jungle monkeys?
Depends on the characters. For example in Venomous Lives there are several between different characters.. each one is different one is tender one is more passionate.. but to me it is more attractive to a reader to not describe every detail. I find those types of stories too close to erotica. I mean I describe enough, but not everything… Like when I watch a movie I would rather they cut away and imply that sex occurred rather than have a pointless sex scene.
12. When you kill off a character do you think of it as just a character or someone you intensely dislike in real life?
Once, one time I killed off a character that I had based on someone but they were brought back (it was a fantasy novel) as everything that was good without all the bad….hey I was 23 and naïve……
13. Dogs or cats or both?
Well I own both so both, but I do prefer dogs.
14. Do you think our country is going down the tubes?
I try to separate my writing career and my personal point of view. I know that is not an answer but it is my way of politely bowing out.
15. What kind of surprises do you build in your story to confound or amuse your audience?
Depends on the story… for Venomous Lives it was will they or won’t they for many story lines that isn’t meaning will they or wont they is always in a get together sort of way either… But for my new projects it’s who done it and several other things.
16. Exactly who is your audience?
I have had Venomous lives read by many from 16 to 50.. some women some men, but the vast majority of women preferred the book. The men however said it wasn’t mushy and stupid like other romance novels.
17. If you could have dinner with a famous person would you stiff them with the bill?
Ahhh guess that would depend on who said they were buying.
18. What is your ideal writing environment?
I like my couch and lots and lots of music but I have written everywhere. In fact I carry a tape recorder and record thoughts everyday.
19. Do you plan to write in any other genres?
Yes.. and I have… I am not a genre specific author. I am story or character driven.
20. If you knew a loved one committed a murder, would you immediately tell the cops?
Yes and no.. I would give them a chance to come clean but if they didn’t then yes.
From the Admin: Thank you for sharing your answers with us Brandy as well as being such a good sport as some of these questions were a bit outside the box lol!
May I say thank you for volunteering as a co-admin for the group! 😉
You can find Brandy’s Book on Amazon here: